Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Threadbare Thoroughbred

oh man, it's been a while. . .
what have I been up to, well, I joined a band. we have 2 songs and no band name.
if I could figure out how to get the bootlegged songs off my itunes and onto here, I would. but for now, I leave you with lyrics.

THREADBARE THOROUGHFARE
falling in a cloud of dust, to the sound of footsteps fading
tripped up at the starting line, tangled up in a knot of tryings
i think that i can get it on my second try, dust my knees off, stand up tall
so, where's the one with the fake hand gun, who can set back time and start it all again?

heaven knows the sweetness of an apple
hides the bitterness of what's deep inside
and heaven knows i can let go.

and watch it fall down to the ground, heavy with the golden sun
i reach down to pick it up, i just keep going till i'm laying down
seasons go, they go, to come back, come back around, around again and again
and i think that i can get it on my second try, but for now i'll just be standing by.


PETERPETER

you come in from the outer world,
the smell of strangers hangs on your coat
like dust from the underbrush

not in or out, he choses the space in between.

sweet, sweet boy, where did you sleep last night?
you lay your head in beds of grass, paper dens and welcome mats,
sweet, sweet boy, you give off subtle light.
felt deep within the seams of dreams, the rests between our breaths.

not in or out, he choses the space in between.

you lay close to the fire,
reflecting flames as you conspire
to be a silhouette in my shadow.
so,
make up your mind!
make up your mind!
make up your mind!
make up your mind!
and GO!

(NOTE: you maybe wondering why I have written a song about PETERPETER JENNINGS and not BABYSEAL. it should just be assumed that every song ever written, especially those about LOVE and/or snacks, is about BABYSEAL.)
(and if you want me to email you an MP3 version of 'em, lemme know. . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment